Recently a member asked the library for more information on the For Sale By Owner market and how he might crack into it. We told him to start with our Field Guide to Working with FSBOs for the basics. A few other resources on this topic include:
REALTOR® Magazine Customer Handouts – focus on section “Turn FSBOs into clients”
From NAR Blog Posts:
- FSBO Sellers Decline as More Sellers Turn to Real Estate Agents to Sell the Home, (Dec. 2011).
- Home Buyers User of an Agent in Transaction Has Risen for Past Decade, (Dec. 2011).
- Highlights from the Newly Released 2011 NAR Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers, (Nov. 2011).
- FSBOs, (Oct. 2011).
Articles from REALTOR® Magazine:
- When a Friend Goes FSBO, (Mar. 2005)
- The Real Estate Agent’s Guide to Prospect FSBOs, (Nov. 2007)
- FSBOs: Rebranding DIY, (Dec. 2005)
Articles from the ProQuest database (you will be asked for a password):
- Hodges, D. (2012). Home alone. MoneySense, 14.2: 35-38.
- Holmes, T. E. (2011). How to… negotiate the best deal on a home. Black Enterprise, 41.10: 78-80.
- Jia, P. & Pathak, P. A. (2010). The impact of commissions on home sales in greater Boston. The American Economic Review, 100.2: 475-479.