We recently compiled a list of resources for first-time home buyers, and came up with a nice list of information from the National Association of REALTORS®, REALTOR® Magazine online, Realtor.com, and HUD.
Field Guides from NAR
- Field Guide to Due Diligence for Home Buyers
- Field Guide to Working with First-Time Homebuyers
- Field Guide to Buying vs. Renting
- Field Guide to Homeowner’s Insurance
Find our full list of Field Guides here, as other guides may be helpful to first-time buyers, such as Credit Scoring, Flood Insurance, Lead-Based Paint, Low-Income Housing Tax Credits, or Land Investment. All field guides are accessible without a username and password, so anyone can take a look.
Products available for purchase through the Realtor.org Store
Resources from REALTOR® Magazine Online
- Handouts for Customers – See this large list of handouts for buyers and sellers on practical topics such as loan types to consider, how to improve your credit score, preparing for closing, and more.
Guides from Realtor.com
Resources from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)